Now you can turn your employees into your biggest fans. The new, innovative Z-Tech™ HVLS fan helps even the hottest employees keep their cool. How? Go Fan Yourself® combines cutting-edge patented technology with a modern industrial design to provide the largest coverage in the industry — and a cooling effect of up to 10 degrees. Install Z-Tech™ fans and become the workplace hero!
WHAT IS THE Z-TECH™ FAN?
Simply put, our revolutionary Z-Tech™ fans are big — and we mean BIG — high-volume, low-speed fans designed to create a genuine big-chill effect in all sorts of commercial and industrial cooling applications.
Exactly how big are these industrial cooling fans? Well, we offer them in five sizes, and the smallest is 8 feet in diameter. At 24 feet from blade tip to blade tip, our largest Z-Tech™ is among the biggest HVLS ceiling fans available, delivering more cubic feet of cooling power per minute than any other high-volume, low-speed industrial ceiling fan on the market.
How do we do it? Well, our engineers tell us the secret is in the pitch. Sorry, Cubs fans, it’s got nothing to do with baseball. We’re talking about the 20-degree pitch of the blades and the hub. In addition to the pitch, this fan features unique stepped blades that allow for significantly more thrust and air movement.
This lets the Z-Tech™ cover up to 30 percent more area compared to other HVLS ceiling fans.
COST-EFFECTIVE COOLING FOR ANY INDUSTRIAL OR COMMERCIAL APPLICATION
As large as they are, our Z-Tech™ HVLS fans are super quiet, and they won’t take a big bite out of your utility budget. In fact, their low (3.15 amp) power consumption makes them a real energy-saving workhorse, whether on their own or in combination with your existing HVAC system. (You can even run them in reverse for wintertime utility savings, too.) The Z-Tech™ HVLS Fan was purposely designed with a symmetrical blade to run in reverse rotation during winter months, when air destratification is needed. Z-Tech™ pushes the air up and mixes the hotter air at the ceiling with the cooler air at ground level without creating a wind chill that would lead to the fan being turned off.
The Z-Tech™ fan is ideal for any of the following industrial or commercial applications:
- Airplane hangars
- Livestock facilities
- Processing plants
- Gyms and recreational facilities
- Auto garages
- Machine shops
- Sports arenas
- Churches and places of worship
- Convention centers
- Call centers
In short, nearly any large space that is difficult to keep cool within budget is a great candidate for a Z-Tech™ fan. Or two, three or even 26. That’s right — our variable frequency controller allows you to gang up to 26 Z-Tech™ fans for superior coverage of even the largest facilities.
Ultimately, the Z-Tech™ fan will save money over your current cooling solutions. Here’s how:
- More efficient operation compared to other HVAC options lowers your utility bills month after month.
- Improved comfort leads to lower absenteeism and higher employee productivity.
- Better air circulation throughout your space can reduce moisture and mold issues, and significantly reduce building maintenance and repair costs.
- Evaporative cooling means your indoor air will feel cooler even at higher temperatures, so you can set your thermostat higher and reduce air conditioning costs.
- Use the Z-Tech™ fan in conjunction with our state-of-the-art ABB controller and/or our Z-Chill™ fan and diffuser system for even more energy savings.
What’s more, our Designer Series lets you choose your favorite color combinations and designs. Yes, Cubs fans, you can even get yours in red and blue. Is that cool or what?
LEADING-EDGE DESIGN ELEMENTS
- Patented Z-Tech™ stepped blade design and extreme 20˚-plus blade pitch maximize airflow
- Reduces frictional resistance; increases air displacement and thrust
- Allows the velocity of airflow to move past the steps, decreasing pressure to provide a significant increase in air movement
- Symmetrical blade design allows for true reversibility for both cooling and heating
- Pitched-hub design eliminates airflow dead zone at the center of the fan
- State-of-the-art ABB controller with removable pad to maintain setting
AIR MOVEMENT AND EFFICIENCY BENEFITS
- Largest coverage and most CFM output
- Up to 40,000 sq. ft. de-stratification coverage
- 425,000 CFM output
- Up to 10-degree evaporative cooling effect
- Symmetrical blade design for winter heating
- Virtually maintenance-free (20,000-hour inspection interval)
- Low power consumption (3.15 amps)
- Quiet operation
- Lifetime warranty on blades, hub and mounting system
- 15-year warranty on motor, gearbox and controller
STATE-OF-THE-ART ABB CONTROLLER
- Runs up to 26 fans from a single location
- Deepest heat sink in the industry extends the life of drive and controller
- IP66/67 wet-rated – NEMA 4X
- Install up to 200 feet from fan; disconnect per NECA code within eyesight
- Highly customizable programming
- Removable pad prevents unwanted programming changes
- Ethernet compatible
- Capable of linking to building automation systems
At Go Fan Yourself®, safety is paramount. The Z-Tech™ fan features the following safety components:
- Safety ring: ¼” powder coated steel
- Safety cables: 5/16” stainless steel aircraft cable
- Guy wires: 1/8” stainless steel aircraft cable
GFY® Z-Tech™ fans meet all applicable OSHA, ASHRAE and UL regulations.
“We have done a number of fan projects with Go Fan Yourself and they are one of best vendors we have worked with. We are currently installing eight (8) 24’ fans in our Alsip, IL facility. If you would like to take a tour, please let Bill [at GFY] know. I know you have options on high-volume, low-speed fan companies, but using Go Fan Yourself will be one of your best decisions.”
Ken Hagaman, Director of Real Estate
Fortune 500 Company
- Why The Fan
- Specification Sheets
- Fan Installation Specification
- GFY Standards for Plotting Fans
- Installation & Technical Operations Guide