We know big fans!
Having been in the high-volume, low-speed (HVLS) fan industry for more than 10 years, and with over 75 years of accumulated experience, we know our competitors’ products as well as our own. We are excited to be able to deliver truly different — and better — industrial fan solutions. Why do we do it? Because we believe in innovative air movement for healthy spaces.
What Is an HVLS Fan, and How Does It Work?
At the heart of our product line is the simple yet effective concept of the HVLS fan. High volume means that these are BIG fans that move a LOT of air. Low speed means that they do it strongly and steadily without creating a lot of wind and turbulence. That means you get the gentle, evaporative cooling effect of a major air current moving through your space, without the distracting noise, vibration or uncomfortable breezes common with high-speed fans.
HVLS fans also work to destratify air, effectively mixing warm and cool air layers to reduce or eliminate stuffiness and condensation, and help keep temperature levels comfortable and constant.
Blow Away Your HVAC Problems
There are many benefits to installing an HVLS industrial fan:
- Energy Savings - The large diameter and low-speed settings of our fans mean they can move a lot of air with relatively little energy input. In fact, an HVLS fan makes the air feel up to 10 degrees cooler at a fraction of the cost of air conditioning. In winter, run them in reverse to gently redirect warm air from the top of a room to where it’s needed near the floor. Used on their own or in tandem with your HVAC system, our fans will put the chill on your energy bills.
- Improved Worker Productivity and Comfort - Studies show that an uncomfortable work environment leads to low employee morale and lowered productivity. Unlike air conditioning and other point-source cooling, HVLS fans move air over and around obstacles, so you’ll get uniformly comfortable air without hot/cold spots or distracting breezes.
- Healthier Indoor Air - In 2010, the World Health Organization recognized indoor air quality as an important risk factor in human health. Additionally, federal scientists rank indoor air pollution among the most important national environmental problems. Our products and systems help improve circulation and ventilation, and reduce respiratory problems by eliminating carbon monoxide, mold, dust, air pollutants, fork truck fumes, welding fumes and metal-cutting fumes. Count on Go Fan Yourself® to create a safe and healthy work environment for yourself and your employees.
- Improved Safety - HVLS fans can cost-effectively reduce risk of heat illness, as well as slip and fall injuries from condensation on floors and railings.
- A Sustainable Solution - HVLS fans are an excellent way to reduce your company’s carbon footprint by reducing your need to burn fossil fuel for heating and cooling. They can help earn you LEED points, too!
Who Can Benefit From an HVLS Industrial Fan?
Nearly any commercial or industrial venue with a large space to heat and/or cool can benefit from installing HVLS fans. Some examples include:
- Airports and hangars
- Recreational facilities
- Theaters and event spaces
- Agricultural buildings
- Government buildings and public spaces
- Manufacturing facilities
- Automobile service and dealerships
- And many more
Click here to learn more about specific HVLS fan applications in these and other industries.
Be the Cool Guy at Your Company
Looking for economical and effective solutions to your heating and cooling challenges? Why not ask us how Go Fan Yourself® fans can help save your company money and improve working conditions for your employees? Contact us! Chances are, what you hear will blow you away!