Making Fresher Air.
Large manufacturing plants get very hot in the summer months. Controlling heat and humidity is critical to keeping your employees productive and your products cool. What is the best way to do this? You probably know that using a fan to cool the air is just an illusion. Our products and services do more than just move the hot, stale air around. The best solution is to destratify the air, or eliminate the stratified layers, to achieve temperature equalization and improved comfort.
If you’re unhappy with your current ventilation system, contact Go Fan Yourself® today and discover how our products can destratify your facility.
Go Fan Yourself® Airflow Assessment Services
No two manufacturing facilities are alike. We come to your plant to assess your unique situation and recommend the best solution for your needs. At your facility, we:
- Survey your location to determine your needs
- Suggest products to improve air movement
- Write up a comprehensive quote that covers it all
- Set up in-house installers to handle your installation
Benefits of Large Commercial Fans For Manufacturing Facilities
The size of today’s industrial fans is unprecedented. Go Fan Yourself® large commercial fans range in size from 8 to 24 feet in diameter and can cover an area up to 240 feet in diameter. Fans this large are able to move air throughout the entire space while equalizing the air quality and eliminating stagnant areas.
Avoid Unsafe Working Conditions
In 2010, the World Health Organization recognized the problems of indoor air quality as important risk factors for human health. In addition, federal scientists have ranked indoor air pollution as one the most important environment problems in the U.S. Our systems help eliminate the carbon monoxide, mold, dust, air pollutants, fork truck fumes, welding fumes and metal cutting fumes that cause respiratory problems — so you can create a safe, healthy environment for you and your employees.
Realize Significant Energy Savings
Destratification allows for a higher temperature set point in the summer and a lower set point in the winter. The shorter heating and air conditioning cycles result in measurable energy savings. Plus, you can achieve additional energy savings by removing the smaller, less efficient fans usually present in manufacturing facilities.
Improve Employee Morale and Productivity
Greater employee comfort improves productivity by up to 2 percent per degree when interior temperatures are over 77 degrees Fahrenheit. Improving your ventilation system saves you time, money and prevents unnecessary respiratory problems — and it makes your employees happier as well.
What Types of Manufacturing Industries Can Benefit From Our Fans?
Virtually all large industrial manufacturing sites can benefit from the energy efficient cooling and air destratification that GFY's HVLS fans provide. Here are a few examples:
- Food manufacturing — The high humidity levels and other corrosive elements common in food manufacturing facilities can wreak havoc on standard industrial fans. Our fans are engineered to stand up to tough conditions for decades. Features like stainless steel aircraft cables and IP66/NEMA 4X wet-rated controller on our Z-Tech fan ensures that our fans will provide years of maintenance-free service, despite washdowns and other exposure to moisture and corrosives (requires a stainless steel motor upgrade- please consult the factory for manufacturing specific ordering codes/availability). In addition, we offer a lifetime warranty on our blades, hub and mounting system!
- Car manufacturers — Go Fan Yourself large ceiling fans provide effective manufacturing cooling options that can help automotive manufacturers meet the energy efficiency guidelines provided by ENERGY STAR’s “Focus on Energy Efficiency in Motor Vehicle Manufacturing.” The destratification and cooling action of the fans keeps workers comfortable and more productive while saving energy and money, and reducing greenhouse gas emissions — an important consideration for car manufacturers attempting to meet sustainability goals.
- Electronics manufacturing — Cost control is a major concern for electronics manufacturers everywhere as they cope with tight profit margins, heavy competition and increasing regulation. Go Fan Yourself HVLS fans can provide an excellent, cost-cutting solution by increasing energy efficiency while creating cooler, more comfortable conditions that raise worker productivity.
- Clothing manufacturing — Clothing manufacturers face specific challenges when it comes to air quality and employee safety and comfort. Many textiles generate exceptional amounts of dust and microscopic fibers. As the fabrics are handled, these fibers are released into the air, where they can remain suspended for long periods of time. Long-term inhalation of these fibers contributes to a high rate of asthma and other respiratory disease in textile workers. High-volume-low-speed (HVLS) fans improve air turnover rates in clothing manufacturing facilities and reduce the impact of textile dust on workers’ lungs.
Regardless of what type of industrial manufacturing site you represent, chances are, Go Fan Yourself® HVLS fans offer the perfect manufacturing cooling options to meet your goals. For more information about how our fans can help meet your specific needs, reach out to us today.