When it's hot & humid outside, oftentimes the only relief from the heat & humidity is within conditioned spaces. But for many motor vehicle facilities, there is no relief out on the floor for workers. This leads to lower productivity and employee morale, and generally makes everyone pretty miserable. If your facility is struggling to keep its cool, consider industrial grade ceiling fans from Go Fan Yourself® to improve air movement and evaporative cooling.
NEED FOR SPEED
High-volume, low-speed (HVLS) ceiling fans offer respite from the heat. The large fans offer a cool breeze to help employees regulate their temperatures. Another issue that comes from overheated areas: slippery floors. Concrete can "sweat," causing moisture to develop on the surface and creating a dangerous situation for workers on the floor.
Large industrial fans are an easy and affordable solution to eliminate condensation on floors. The forceful air flow generated by the Z-Tech™ GFY fans will help remove any puddles that have formed. Large fans will improve productivity and create an all-around safer environment. Together, these benefits can offer a more attractive bottom line and a more efficient atmosphere with higher employee morale.
FACTORY BACKED BENEFITS
- Increased worker comfort.
- Moving air produces a cooling effect on the skin, called evaporative cooling. The air blows across, like a light breeze on an 80-degree day. The breeze isn't cooler, but it feels like it on your skin. In winter, air slowly blows down, creating a warmer overall environment. The heat in winter naturally wants to rise, but our symmetrical destratification system prevents that, keeping temperatures balanced.
- Reduced product and machinery damage.
- Hot and humid air can inflict costly damage to products or machinery stored and used in the building. GFY fans provide cooling and humidity reduction which prolongs the life of your valuable equipment.
- Energy efficiency and decreased HVAC costs.
- GFY fans work very well in conjunction with an air conditioning unit, or many, if your space calls for either. They provide thermal destratification so HVAC systems don’t have to over-deliver to constantly replace the heat that rises from the floor or to circulate already cooled air. Because of a consistent temperature in summer and the breeze the fan creates, in some cases, managers are able to set thermostats four degrees higher for the same comfort level. That's energy savings!
WHAT TYPE OF MOTOR VEHICLE FACILITIES CAN BENEFIT FROM OUR FANS?
Service and Repair Facilities
According to the National Floor Safety Institute, slips and falls are the leading cause of worker’s compensation claims and result in more than 1 million visits to emergency room visits each year. Additionally, the compensation and medical costs that are associated with employee slip and fall accidents is approximately $70 billion annually. Keep your employees safe and cool with a Z-Tech™ HVLS fan.
When selecting auto dealership fans, it’s important to consider the unique needs of these facilities. The fans should provide comfort and energy savings without distracting from the sales environment.
With such a high volume of air, some would think our stepped and vented fans might create distracting and unpleasant drafts. Nothing could be farther from the truth. The Z-Tech™ fan is designed to move large amounts of air at low speeds. This allows for effective airflow without creating discomfort, even in an auto showroom.
Fan noises such as rattles, squeaks and the constant swish of air may not detract from some work environments, but they are definitely not welcome when it comes to auto dealership fans. Go Fan Yourself® fans are virtually noise-free, so sales conversations can take place with ease. The ability of these fans to move massive volumes of air also keeps the auto showfloor fresh and free of fumes.
Let’s not forget branding! Appearance is vitally important when selling high-ticket items such as cars. Go Fan Yourself® offers a Designer Series option for auto dealership fans that blend seamlessly with your branding and showroom décor.
Auto Repair Centers
A comfortable mechanic is a productive mechanic, and good air quality and circulation is a must for maintaining comfort in your auto repair center. Fans, such as our Z-Tech overhead fan, are an effective solution to common repair facility ventilation issues.
These high-volume, low-speed auto repair center fans quietly move huge amounts of air over and around vehicles and equipment, effectively removing fumes and keeping employees cool in the summer months. In winter, reverse the symmetrical blade direction to keep warm air where it belongs — at floor level where your workers will appreciate it most. It’s an energy-efficient way to keep morale high and energy bills low in your auto repair facility.
Heavy Equipment Facilities
Go Fan Yourself® has solutions for stale, stagnant air — our products and systems help improve circulation and can provide increased evaporative cooling, reducing respiratory problems by eliminating carbon monoxide, mold, dust, air pollutants, fork truck fumes, welding fumes and metal-cutting fumes.Contact Go Fan Yourself® today if you are looking for cooling solutions that are energy efficient and effective and offer the largest volume coverage on the market!