The dog days of summer are upon us. Historically, “dog days” was an astrological term referring to the appearance of the “Dog Star,” Sirius, on the horizon. These days, most of us associate it with heat when the dogs just lie there panting.
You probably don’t keep dogs in your warehouse, but hot days present real challenges to comfort, productivity and profitability in a warehouse environment. Don’t worry, though — we’ve got your back: High-volume, low-speed (HVLS) fans are excellent warehouse cooling solutions to help you breeze through the hottest days of summer.
Top 5 Warehouse Cooling Challenges HVLS Fans Can Help You Overcome
Let’s take a look at how HVLS fans address common summertime warehouse ventilation and cooling challenges:
- Human discomfort. Unlike our canine friends, human warehouse occupants don’t have the luxury of sleeping through the heat. Heat buildup in warehouses is a real danger. It can lead to serious heat-related illness as well as significantly impacting worker productivity. An HVLS fan is a practical warehouse cooling solution. Just one of GFY’s Z-TechTM fans can provide cooling breeze for up to 40,000 square feet of warehouse space, relieving heat stress by helping workers feel up to 10 degrees Fahrenheit cooler.
- Fume buildup. The use of forklifts and other vehicles or machinery in warehouses releases fumes that can build up inside. Many warehouses also double as manufacturing areas where chemicals are used. These also emit odors and fumes that can compromise human health and productivity. The effects are even worse in hot, stagnant air. Go Fan Yourself HVLS fans provide effective warehouse ventilation to help keep the air in the building clean and safe to breathe.
- Thermal stratification. We all know hot air rises. In a high-ceilinged warehouse in summer, this often results in a layer of sweltering hot air collecting under the roof. Without adequate warehouse ventilation, this can make the entire building heat to unbearable levels. A GFY warehouse fan gently, efficiently and evenly distributes air throughout the space to relieve stuffiness and cool the entire building.
- High humidity. Hot air holds a lot more moisture, which is why humidity can be such a problem in the summer. In warehouses, humidity buildup can damage inventory and contribute to heat stress in workers. When hot, humid air hits cool concrete, it can also lead to sweating slab syndrome and its associated hazards. Go Fan Yourself’s warehouse cooling fans combat high humidity with an evaporative cooling effect that helps keep workers, floors and product dry.
- High energy costs. Large spaces cost a lot to regulate, and warehouse cooling costs can get out of hand in the heat. HVLS fans are extremely energy efficient, making them one of the most cost-effective warehouse cooling solutions available.
Need Warehouse Cooling? Give Us a Call!
Don’t let your warehouse go to the dogs. If hot weather is causing you discomfort, lowered productivity or spiraling energy costs in your warehouse, let’s fix that. Contact us today to learn more about Go Fan Yourself’s HVLS warehouse ventilation solutions to keep you cool.